Why Store Produce on the Countertop?
If you have some extra countertop space in your kitchen, storing produce in plain sight has benefits-
- Easy to keep track of stock and know when to buy more produce
- Easy to put away produce
- Keeps healthy produce handy – my kids ate three times as many apples a day since the apples were in plain sight
- Countertop convenience makes it easy to add more vegetables into foods – no more digging for garlic in the pantry
- Saves space in the fridge and pantry
- Easy to clean and remove spoiled produce
- Adds a gorgeous decor element to the kitchen
Why Build This Potato Bin?
- Only about $20 in lumber
- Smartly sized to hold 10 pounds of produce per section
- Footed design is easy to move and clean under
- Solid wood is more food safe – good for storing raw produce
- Can be finished to suit your kitchen
- Stackable for even more storage
- Easy to customize length to fit your space
- Beautiful farmhouse look – for that farm to table element
- Our free step by step plans make it easy!
Quick Video Tutorial of Building this Project
Want to see this project come together? Here’s a quick video that shows me building it in about 1 minute:
Ready to build yourself? The free plans follow.