Why I Built this Sandbox
My kids have been digging in the gravel around our house, so I’ve been wanting to build them a sandbox. But I know a sandbox is only played with for about 5 years – so I didn’t want to spend a ton of money (or buy a plastic one that ends up in a landfill). But I still wanted something nice and durable, and preferably cedar to keep spiders away.
Cedar Sandbox Features
- About $30 in materials
- Cedar sides and top are durable and a good choice for sandboxes
- Large size easily holds 2-4 children at once
- Easy to build design with minimal cuts and scraps
- Only need a drill and circular saw to build
- Biodegradeable – will go back to nature and not end up in a landfill
How I Built It
We did a video of this sandbox build for your convenience. Please take a minute to watch.
Free Sandbox Plans
The free plans for this sandbox are below. Thanks so much for using our plans, we appreciate you!