by wood work | Jul 27, 2022 | General
For about the price of a box spring or metal bed frame, you could DIY this –
It’s easy to do and looks so much better than a metal bed frame or a mattress on the floor. Just build the frame, add the legs, and you, my friend, are done!
You won’t need a ton of tools or woodworking experience. This is a beginner friendly project that almost anyone can tackle. No pocket holes, no miters required.
Where Do I Find the Furniture Legs? How Much Do They Cost?
This bed works with furniture legs between 4″ and 7″ tall. The legs shown in this photo are 7″ tall. I ordered from Amazon for about $20. You can also use hairpin legs, wooden legs or other styles of metal legs. I do recommend a leg that is attached at the corner, like these, instead of just a leg with a single socket attachment point.
Is There a Build Video I Can Watch?
I’m sorry I did not do a video for this bed frame, but it is very similar to this bed, and here’s that video:
DIY Bed Frame Plans
The plans for this bed frame follow. Thank you for using my plans, I hope this project goes well for you. If you have a chance, please send us a photo, we love seeing how your projects turn out!
by wood work | Jul 27, 2022 | General
Are you looking for great outdoor seating that is customizeable in both design and function? Want something that looks exactly how you envision it, and can be rearranged in different configurations?
Have you thought about going the DIY option? Using the same techniques you’d use to build a deck or outdoor fencing, you can build your own outdoor modular sectional.
These plans are super simple – just 2×4 frames that you add cushions to the top of. The tops are cedar, but the inexpensive fence picket version.
You can move them around to different configurations fit your gathering and space.
How would you set these up in your space?
Free Plans for Modular Sectional Pieces
The plans for this modular sectional pieces follow. Thank you for using our plans. Please share a photo of your builds – we love seeing how your projects turn out!
by wood work | Jul 8, 2022 | General
Are you looking for beautiful, comfortable deck chairs, that are easy to build?
After countless hours of designing and brainstorming, several prototypes and adjustments, I’m so excited to share with you what I consider the ultimate DIY outdoor lounge chair!
Why I Love These Outdoor Chairs!
- Easy to build with basic tools
- Sturdy and substantial, all 2×4 construction
- Inexpensive to make – about $50 with cushions on sale (compared with $300-$400)
- Fits most deep seat cushions, easy to adjust for different cushion sizes
- Beautiful wood grain can be stained or painted any color
- Super comfortable!
Must Watch Quick Video of Building These Outdoor Chairs!
Want to see this chair from all angles? See the quick build process? We hope this video tutorial helps you:
FAQ About These Outdoor Chairs
- Where did you get your cushions? Off the shelf at Lowes.
- What kind of lumber should I use? Cedar is preferred but it is more expensive. You can also use regular old 2×4 boards – just finish them appropriately so they are weather resistant.
- What kind of finish do you recommend? I recommend any finish that is suitable for painting decks or fences. Do NOT use a film former – the paint will crack and peel as the wood expands and contracts.
- Is there enough of a back to keep the cushions in place? For my cushions, yes. But if you were concerned, it’s easy to add additional boards, one vertical 2×4 @ 24″ centered in the back would do the trick. Just attach at the base, center and top.
- Can I use indoors? Yes, yes, yes! This would be a great inexpensive indoor chair too!
- How can I make this chair even more heavy duty? A 2×4 @ 32-1/8″ under the arm rest and between the legs, screwed from the legs and top, flush to the inside, would be a huge beef up. Also screw to the angled back.
Wood Outdoor Chair for Deep Seat Cushion
Thank you for trusting me with your outdoor plans. These plans are free to use. Please, though, send a picture back, it is very gratifying to see your results!