This upholstered bed is easy to make, and you can customize with fabric and legs of your choice! Whe choose a fluffy fur for my tween’s room – but the options are endless!
Here’s how we built it – (there’s also step by step plans, just scroll all the way down)
We used 2x4s to make a frame the size of the mattress, just screwing together at the corners.
Then we screwed on store bought hairpin legs. I got mine off Amazon. They are 8″ tall.
Pretty simple so far!
Then we cut 1×8 boards as shown in the cut list below, and stapled the fabric over it.
Now to attach to the bed frame –
We just held the sideboards covered in fabric on the 2×4 frame and screwed from the inside. Then we repeated steps for the foorboard and headboard.
Finally for the slats – we just set on top of the 2x4s and screwed down.
We also share how we built this bed in a video tutorial for your convenience-
And the plans with diagrams are below.
Thank you so much for using our plans, we appreciate you!
- The fur fabric was easy to work with because it hides all the seams and is thick, so batting was not necessary (although I do recommend it)
- If you use thinner fabric, you must use batting underneath.
- We used 3 yards of 60″ wide fur but I had to splice the fur together on the siderails. If I had to do it again, I’d probably buy 5 yards of fabric.
- Make sure you use self tapping wood screws OR predrill all screw holes
- Our staples were 3/8″ long and this was plenty good